The Integration server (IS) has a feature, which helps to tracks the execution of services invoked in journey from starts to end in web-services call.
It is set at 2 level.
1. IS level
It has 3 level
· PerSvc: It indicated that Auditing is enabled and logging will be based on audit properties set in individual flows of the service.
· Brief: - It indicated logging is always enabled. It is logged on error, success and start of the flows. It ignores the audit properties set on individual flows.
· Verbose: It facilitates the complete functionality indicated brief. In addition it also includes pipeline for each flows logged.
2. In individual flow of a service.
The Audit properties of flow have 3 parameter: -
· Enable auditing
Never: Audit is turned off for current flow.
When top-level service only: If the flow is the entry point of a service invoke
Always: Audit is turned ON for current flow
· Log on
Error only: flow is logged when only error/exception occurred/
Error and success: flow is logged in both success scenario & also during error/exception.
Error, Success and start: flow is logged in all scenarios.
· Include pipeline
Never: Do include data structure when flow is logged.
On error only: Included data in flow only in case of error.
Always: Data in flow should be logged always when flow is logged.
Keys takeaways: -
· Flows are logged in database, which is displayed on MyWebmethods server.
· Flow logged with pipeline can be retrieved and used for debug of same flow or proceeding flows.
· Log wisely - Too much audit logging cost performance and no logging you end up blind in case of error in production.
· Audit logging gives indication of flows invokes when call is made to service.
· There is more than 8 type of logging mechanism in Webmethods. All by default are logged to files. We need to configure in order to point the heavy logging to Database else IS will crash. See below
Note:- The above notes has been prepared based on my experience on the technology as well as various reference available on internet.
Satender Kumar Mall