India is the greatest democracy of world and in 2014 mid-April & May it is going to witness general election for LokSabha. The general election elects 545 Member of Parliament (MP) and in turn MP’s elect Prime Minister of the country.
So what is irony about it? This is standard process as per constitution of India. To understand the irony about this election we have to glance on the background. Until 1975, India experienced one party rule in almost all corners of India. The ruling party was Congress. After the emergency period which India experienced during 1975 to 1977, it led to emergence of multiple parties. This phase gave some space to opposition in Indian politics. At national stage slowly BJP helped India to get its bipolar politics which was much needed call. In national context it was congress and BJP which never joined hand to form alliance clearly due to ideological differences. Slowly all other parties turn to family property of leader who formed the party. And they began to align with either of the two groups NDA or UPA at national stage. Few parties even had been part of both groups from time to time. On close scrutiny of these regional parties, one finds that majority of them simply align to be on ruling side irrespective of ideology. Few get align due to under table bargain for self and of course few for the interest of their respective state they are in power.
Congress is also a family based party where the person from dynasty can only become president of the party. As far as inner party democracy is concerned we have just two party names BJP and CPM which practices it.
In last 66 years we have seen rule of three groups named congress led UPA, BJP led NDA and regional parties aligned to form Third front with outside support of congress. There are several data statistics available in public domain which clearly shows in context to governance and development BJP-led NDA has outperformed other. NDA ruled India from 1999 to 2004 which gave amazing start for 21st century India. Then Congress led UPA ruled from 2004 to 2014 we all know the kind of mess India is currently in.
Before I present what the irony is, let me clarify that in present context I am staunch supporter of BJP led NDA.
For 2014 general election we have three options in front of us which the political parties aligned groups has presented India to choose from.
1. Experienced, strong development track record, incorruptible leader Narendra Modi of BJP-led NDA
2. The dynastic option of Congress –led UPA, Rahul Gandhi, and 10 year rule can be sum up as DECADE OF DECAY.
3. INEXPERIENCED, OPPORTUNISTIC, DEAL BROKERS, MESSY group, third front. Also popularly known as experimental group.
The irony of Indian politics is considering the current mess our country is in certain percentage of people (which is slowly getting smaller & smaller as election approaches) still finding it difficult is try option 1. The person in option 1 has to work extra hard to convince people why people should give them chance to bring back India on track. The worst part is people supporting 2 & 3 options simply ask questions after question to option 1 rather than their agenda for India in coming years or what they have done in DECADE of DECAY.
Now you can question, I pressing for option 1 as being supporter of BJP-led NDA. I am ready to accept this question from you but would like you to at least think (if not answer) on my following points as well.
1. You have given 10 years of interrupted power to option 2 (UPA), look at the misery they have brought to India- Would you stand to justify?
2. India has become laughing stock due to rampant corruption at international level in last 10 years- Would you stand to justify?
3. Option 1 (NDA) has changed the face of state named Gujrat which is much talked state in world – Would you stand to justify not giving them opportunity for 60 months?
4. Delhi has experienced the worst chaos ever in history by your experiment of Option 3- Would you stand to justify giving them another chance at national stage?
5. If 2014 election is Narendra Modi Vs Congress + All its declared and undeclared allies + paid media + Nations who want to weaken India. - Would you stand to justify your misjudgement and its consequence India will face by denying chance to option 1 (NDA)?
List is bigger and by now you also have got few points in your mind to add. So my countrymen/women do not be fence sitter or an annoyed activist. Get up read, analyses and think, one and for all the option which is best suited to our mother land. Option 2 needs to go at any cost and option 3 we cannot think off by viewing the magnitudes of crisis we are in due to option 2 rule. So make up your mind and rise above everything at least once in your life time and the time is 2014 general election. VOTE of INDIA and Vote for Option 1.
KiranBedi (Honest Indian IPS officer ever) has made up her mind for option 1 (NDA)
VK Singh former Army chief has made his mind for option 1 (NDA)
Former RAW chief Sanjeev Tripathi has made his mind for option 1 (NDA)
So understand the need and magnitude of crisis. Next should be YOU. Come on YOU CAN & YOU WILL. Choose wisely and hint is NDA.
Also please read
Satender Kumar Mall